About Rep. Cary Condotta
Cary has been representing the 12th District, which includes Chelan and Douglas Counties and parts of Grant and Okanogan since he took office in 2003.
He has been self-employed for over 30 years. He was also a local radio talk show host for ten years, championing regional news and views.
Cary holds a Bachelor of Arts in economics and a Bachelor of Science in business from Central Washington University.
He is a strong advocate for an improved small business climate, with an emphasis on the productivity of government and promoting regulatory reforms. He would like to see Washington state strengthen its economy through innovation and creativity – not increasing business or general taxes – while increasing opportunity and liberty across the state.
Cary has received multiple awards for his work in the Legislature including:
- the Municipal Champion Award by the Association of Washington Cities in 2014;
- Legislator of the Year by the Association of Washington Business in 2013;
- Legislator of the Year by the Family Wineries of Washington in 2013;
- Legislator of the Year by the Towing and Recovery Association of Washington;
- the Business Star Award by United for Washington in 2007; and
- Legislature of the Year by the Washington State Farm Bureau, also in 2007.
Cary brings to the Legislature a willingness to work with anyone who wants to make the 12th District and the state of Washington a better place to live, work, do business and raise a family.
A Washingtonian from birth, Cary resides in Chelan.